Back in the day, foreign residents were restricted to live in settlements, until 1899 when it was allowed for foreign dignitaries to live in areas other than the settlements. As they lived in western style houses, different from Japanese houses, this area was known as Ijinkan. During the Great Hanshin-Awaji earthquake, 30% of the houses where lost. There are about 40 buildings still standing today.
On weekends and holidays, this area is visited by around 100,000 visitors. The newest fashion and trends gather here and various shops and stylish cafes can be found in this area. Sannomiya center-gai opened in 1946, the colorful trends of different generations can be seen here and it shows the fashion of Kobe.
The basement area of Sannomiya Center Plaza is a gourmet paradise! World famous food like Kobe beef, as well as locally loved dishes can be found here.
The Port Tower was built in 1963 and is the world's first pipe structure building. This is the first structure to be lit up as a feature landmark. You can enjoy a beautiful view of Kobe from the observatory.
Kiku-Masamune Sake Brewery Museum
Kiku-Masamune starting brewing sake in 1659. By 1877, they started exporting Japanese sake abroad. Kiku-Masamune produces dry sake that is a perfect match with various kinds of food. The theme of this sake museum is "To know the origin of sake making". Sample the freshly brewed sake that is not available for purchase.
Hakutsuru Sake Brewery Museum
Hakutsuru sake brewery was established in 1743. This museum was the original sake brewery actually used until 1969. It is remodeled to show the process of sake making with actual tools used in the old way of brewing sake.
In front of Shinsaibashi OPA
Hakutsuru Sake Brewery Museum
Tour Price (Total / 1person)Adult
*Please contact us for reservations for more than 12 passengers.
|1-4-3, Nishi-shinsaibashi,Chuo-ku Osaka-shi,Osaka|
3-2-4, Umeda,Kita-ku Osaka-shi,Osaka
Kobe City Semi Private Bus Tour Sake Tasting & Modern History
Click the date to proceed to the reservation screen.
× Fully Booked
Reservation Minimum 2 Passengers
Reservations for the following day are accepted until 9:00PM
Please refrain from carrying your child on your lap when on board the vehicle.
Children from 0 years old to 3 years old can join the tour for free.
Children fee from 4 years old to 15 years old.
Children below the age of 15 years old must be accompanied by a guardian or parent.
In addition, passengers age 16-20 years old travelling alone is required to submit a signed consent form by a parent or guardian. Please inform us beforehand by e-mail.
We may ask you to present your identification to confirm your name and/or age.
10 days before scheduled tour 20%
7 days before scheduled tour 30%
Day before scheduled tour 40%
On the day of scheduled tour before 9:30AM 50%
On the day of scheduled tour after 9:30AM 100%
No Show 100%
※Cancellations received after business hours will be processed the following business day.
- Please present your booking confirmation e-mail to the Tour Conductor at the pick-up point.
- Please be at the pick-up point 15 minutes before departure.
- Change of pick-up/drop-off locations are not allowed.
- The vehicle will depart on-time, please arrive before departure time.
- We may occur delays due to bad traffic, accidents on roads, or severe weather etc. We will not be liable to later costs of taxis and/or train fares etc for passengers.
- Please understand we will not be liable for your other bookings (cars, private vehicles, ferry, public transport, etc) due to delays occurred while on tour.
In the bus
- The vehicle has no luggage compartment, please avoid bringing large luggage on board the vehicle.
- The vehicle has no toilets.
- There is no smoking allowed on board the vehicle.
- Please be mindful of your belongings.
- Please refrain from over consuming alcohol. Overly intoxicated passengers may be asked to disembark without compensations.
- Please refrain from carrying your child on your lap when on board the vehicle.
- If our staff, tour conductor, translator, driver etc find your actions unlawful, passenger may be asked to leave the tour without compensation.
- Our vehicle is non-wheelchair accessible.
- We do not offer cash refunds on the day. *Please see cancellation policy
- Please be mindful of other passengers.
- Some facilities, shops, restaurants may be closed on the day of tour.
- There are some unexpected dates where you may be declined entry to a shrine or temple due to religious activities.
- Please note that there are some areas, structures, statues, historical sites, etc that prohibit photography.