The Daimon, (great gate) is located at the entrance of Koyasan. Standing at 25.1m high, the Kongorikishi statues resting on the left and right side are Japan's 2nd largest statues.
Okunoin (Inner Sanctuary)
Okunoin is divided into cemetery area and sanctuary area. On the path to the temple, you will find a large tree that is over 700 years old. There are about 200,000 tombs located in this area. Military commanders from the Warring period and historically important people of Japan call this place their last resting place. After their deaths, irrespective of ethnic and religious differences, enemies and allies, this is an area where you can feel the depth of Koyasan where all people are equally accepted. Once you cross Gobyo bridge into the inner sanctuary, you will see the mausoleum of Kobo Daishi Kukai. It is said that even after his death, he is still studying here, and for over 1200 years, his meals are brought to him twice a day, every day even today.
Kongobu Temple is considered as the main hall of Koyasan and synonymous with Koyasan as a whole and most of the important religious events are carried out and held here.
The Kondo was built before year 816 and has the oldest history in Koyasan. Standing in 23.7m and 24m by 30m in width. This structure was damaged and destroyed repeatedly by fire, and the current structure we see today was rebuilt in 1932.
In front of Shinsaibashi OPA
Tour Price (Total / 1person)Adult
*Please contact us for reservations for more than 12 passengers.
|1-4-3, Nishi-shinsaibashi,Chuo-ku Osaka-shi,Osaka|
3-2-4, Umeda,Kita-ku Osaka-shi,Osaka
Koyasan Semi Private Bus Tour Okunoin & Danjo Garan
Click the date to proceed to the reservation screen.
× Fully Booked
Reservation Minimum 2 Passengers
Reservations for the following day are accepted until 9:00PM
Please refrain from carrying your child on your lap when on board the vehicle.
Children from 0 years old to 3 years old can join the tour for free.
Children fee from 4 years old to 15 years old.
Children below the age of 15 years old must be accompanied by a guardian or parent.
In addition, passengers age 16-20 years old travelling alone is required to submit a signed consent form by a parent or guardian. Please inform us beforehand by e-mail.
We may ask you to present your identification to confirm your name and/or age.
10 days before scheduled tour 20%
7 days before scheduled tour 30%
Day before scheduled tour 40%
On the day of scheduled tour before 9:30AM 50%
On the day of scheduled tour after 9:30AM 100%
No Show 100%
※Cancellations received after business hours will be processed the following business day.
- Please present your booking confirmation e-mail to the Tour Conductor at the pick-up point.
- Please be at the pick-up point 15 minutes before departure.
- Change of pick-up/drop-off locations are not allowed.
- The vehicle will depart on-time, please arrive before departure time.
- We may occur delays due to bad traffic, accidents on roads, or severe weather etc. We will not be liable to later costs of taxis and/or train fares etc for passengers.
- Please understand we will not be liable for your other bookings (cars, private vehicles, ferry, public transport, etc) due to delays occurred while on tour.
In the bus
- The vehicle has no luggage compartment, please avoid bringing large luggage on board the vehicle.
- The vehicle has no toilets.
- There is no smoking allowed on board the vehicle.
- Please be mindful of your belongings.
- Please refrain from over consuming alcohol. Overly intoxicated passengers may be asked to disembark without compensations.
- Please refrain from carrying your child on your lap when on board the vehicle.
- If our staff, tour conductor, translator, driver etc find your actions unlawful, passenger may be asked to leave the tour without compensation.
- Our vehicle is non-wheelchair accessible.
- We do not offer cash refunds on the day. *Please see cancellation policy
- Please be mindful of other passengers.
- Some facilities, shops, restaurants may be closed on the day of tour.
- There are some unexpected dates where you may be declined entry to a shrine or temple due to religious activities.
- Please note that there are some areas, structures, statues, historical sites, etc that prohibit photography.